- Chicken (0.5kg)
- Vinegar/ White wine
- Coriander powder (1 teaspoon)
- Pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Oregano (optional)
- Cashew Nuts (10-15 pieces)
- Red onion (2 big ones)
- Green chilly (2 pieces)
- 5-6 pieces of charcoal
- Refine oil
- Cut thin slits on the chicken for the marination to go inside and make the chicken juicy and tender
- In a glass bowl, put the chicken followed by vinegar/white wine (3 teaspoon), salt (as per your requirement), coriander powder, oregano and pepper. Mix them thoroughly.
Tip: First always pour the acid, (vinegar here) to make the chicken tender and juicy. And use a glass bowl to mix when you are dealing with citric juices.
- In a mixer grinder, grind the cashew nuts and put it aside in a bowl or plate or wherever it is convenient.
- Then, grind the onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies, a dash of salt and 1 teaspoon of oil. After the mixer is ready, add the grounded cashew nuts and give one more mix.
- Pour the whole mixer into the glass bowl where your chicken was and seal the bowl with the plastic wrap or a cover in the bowl to make it air tight.
- Keep it aside for 4-5 hours to get the perfect tenderness
- Open the lid or remove the plastic wrap after 4-5 hours. (If you kept it inside the refrigerator, make sure you took it out 5-10 mins before)
- Make some space in the center of the glass bowl and put a small steel bowl in the glass bowl.
- Now, take 2-3 pieces of charcoal and burn it on the gas stove. Once you are convinced that it’s hot enough, take them out and put it on that small steel bowl.
Tip: You will know the charcoal is hot enough when u see that it is becoming red from the bottom. It’s a work of few seconds.
- Pour 2-3 drops of oil on the charcoal and cover the glass bowl again to let the smoke go inside the chicken. Keep it for 5 mints.
- In a frying pan, put 1 teaspoon of butter and wait for the butter to turn brown.
Tip: Do not wait too long. Butter burns very easily and that will spoil the taste. This is just for the light brownish color.
- Now, lower the heat and put the chicken pieces. Cover the pan for 5 mints.
- Pre-heat the oven at 250-300 degree Celsius and put the chicken inside it for 30-35 mints. Keep a check so that it doesn’t burn.
Tip: you can pour the remaining marinate on the frying pan and mix the remaining butter on the pan with it. When the chicken is ready, toss it with the marinate in the frying pan.
- Once the everything is ready, repeat step 3 and 4 for the smoky flavor before garnishing
- Serve it hot with salad and chutney.
comment if u loved the recipe….!!